| Personal Information
- Title : Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Professor
- Position : Superintendent of the Research Institute of Laser and Optoelectronics
- Tel: 022-27402416
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Present Address: College of Precision Instruments and Opto-electronic Engineering, Tianjin University, No 92. Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin 300072, P.R. China.
|Visiting scholar.1980-1982, Stanford University and California University, USA
Postgraduate.1962-1965, Tianjin University, China
Undergraduate.1958-1962, Tianjin University, China
| Research Interest
|Research of laser and nonlinear optical frequency conversion technology
| Major Publication
|1. J. Yao, Nonlinear optical frequency conversion and laser tuning techniques, Published by Science Press
2. J. Yao, Solid-state laser and nonlinear optical frequency conversion technology, Published by Science Press
3. J. Yao, Nonlinear Optics and Solid-State Lasers: Advanced Concepts, Tuning-Fundamentals and Applications , Springer Series in Optical Sciences, 2012
4. Y. Yuan, J. He, J. Liu, and J. Yao, "Proposal of an electrically controlled terahertz switch based on liquid-crystal-filled dual-metallic grating structures," Appl. Opt. 49, 6092-6097 (2010).
5. Z. Chu, J. Liu, K. Wang, and J. Yao, "Four-wave mixing model solutions for polarization control of terahertz pulse generated by a two-color laser field in air," Chin. Opt. Lett. 8, 697-700 (2010).
6. F. Ji, R. Lu, B. Li, B. Zhang, and J. Yao, "High-average-power, high-repetition-rate dual signal optical parametric oscillator based on PPMgLN," Chin. Opt. Lett. 8, 505-507 (2010).
7. H. Zhang, Y. Zhang, X. Tan, Y. Geng, K. Zhong, X. Li, P. Wang, and J. Yao, "Continuous-wave green laser of 34 W by intracavity frequency doubling in diode-side-pumped Nd:YAG/KTP," Chin. Opt. Lett. 7, 802-804 (2009).
8. J. Liu, L. Ding, K. Wang, and J. Yao, "A method to design transmission resonances through subwavelength apertures based on designed surface plasmons," Opt. Express 17, 12714-12722 (2009).
9. S. Yu, M. Lan, W. Li, W. Gu, and J. Yao, "A LMMSE Channel Estimator for Coherent Optical OFDM System," in Asia Communications and Photonics Conference and Exhibition, Technical Digest (CD) (Optical Society of America, 2009), paper ThT4.
10. T. Wang, L. Guo, J. Yao, and G. Ma, "Study on a Quasi-CW Nd:YAG Frequency-Doubled Laser at 660nm," in Asia Communications and Photonics Conference and Exhibition, Technical Digest (CD) (Optical Society of America, 2009), paper ThY5.
11. J. Liu, M. He, X. Zhai, L. Wang, S. Wen, L. Chen, Z. Shao, Q. Wan, B. Zou, and J. Yao, "Tailoring optical transmission via the arrangement of compound subwavelength hole arrays," Opt. Express 17, 1859-1864 (2009).
12. Q. Gong, C. Fan, F. Zhang, and J. Yao, "In vitro birefringence imaging with spectral domain polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography," Chin. Opt. Lett. 6, 905-909 (2008).
13. Y. Wang, D. Xu, Y. Yu, W. Wen, X. Li, and J. Yao, "Threshold characteristic of intracavity optical parametric oscillator pumped by all-solid-state Q-switched laser," Chin. Opt. Lett. 6, 207-210 (2008).
14. T. Lu, Z. Song, Y. Su, F. Zhang, and J. Yao, "Feasibility of photoacoustic tomography for ophthalmology," Chin. Opt. Lett. 5, 475-476 (2007).
15. D. Xu, Y. Wang, H. Li, J. Yao, and Y. Tsang, "104 W high stability green laser generation by using diode laser pumped intracavity frequency-doubling Q-switched composite ceramic Nd:YAG laser," Opt. Express 15, 3991-3997 (2007).
From 1980 to 1982 Jianquan Yao studied as a visiting scholar at the Stanford University and the University of California. Was invited to give lectures and do collaborative research at Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania and universities in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. For many years, he has been engaged in the research of laser and nonlinear optical frequency conversion technology, complete dozens of scientific research task, such as "7 • 5", "8 • 5" national key technology research, 863 projects, National Natural Science Foundation and so on. He put forward and developed the best phase matching calculation theory and method of the biaxial crystal, which is called "Yao Technology" in the international academics. He is the first to establish the best phase matching calculation of biaxial crystal in the world – Gaussian-like Distribution Theory, quasi-continuous high power frequency doubling laser, quasi-continuous laser tuning technology system. He made creative achievements in the field of laser nonlinear optical frequency conversion, enjoying a certain reputation in the world. Research on the high power solid-state laser and cycle-polarization crystal – quasi-phase matching technology has reached the international advanced level in recent 10 years.
In recent years he has been carrying on the research on the THZ wave radiation, undertaking projects like 973, 863, and national natural science fundation projects. 16 postdoctors, 4 doctoral students and 93 master's have been produced.
He has won the second prize of national invention, the second prize of the Science and Technology Progress of National Education Commission and Tianjin (4 times), the first prize of military science and technology progress, and special prize of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, etc. 730 papers has been published internally and abroad, which have been cited hundreds of times by scholars from several countries.
He holds a concurrent as the Ministry of Education Science and Technology deputy director, the deputy director of Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics and Harbin Institute of Technology, and the deputy director of the "Tunable Laser Technology" State Key Laboratory Academic Committee. Now he is the vice president of Tianjin, the president of Tianjin Professional Association, the president of Tianjin Overseas Students Association and so on.
Jianquan Yao is honored as a "National Outstanding Young Experts," "Advanced Science and Technology Workers of National Universities," "National Outstanding Scientific and Technological Workers" and "Tianjin Special-class Model Worker", enjoy the special allowance from the State Council.